Empowers newly-arrived refugees to become self-sufficient members of our communities.
Thank you for considering a tax deductible car donation to World Relief. We accept car donations in any condition.
If you are interested in donating a vehicle:
Why donate a car?
The refugees we serve have come from all over the world and are now living in DuPage or Kane county. Most of these refugees are living in suburbs where a personal mode of transportation is a must in order to get to work, appointments, the grocery store, and school events.
Car donations is just one part of the World Relief DuPage/Aurora Refugee Resettlement process; working in conjunction with services like employment couseling, English language classes, after-school programs for kids, and more. Most car donation recipients drive several other refugees to work each day; thus a single donation enables an entire network of refugees to gain independence.
One car can make a world of difference to recently arrived refugees!
How does the donation process work?
- If your car is drivable and you are willing, you may drop it off at our Wheaton office. If it needs to be picked up, we will make arrangements free of charge.
- You receive an on-the-spot receipt for your donation. Within 30 days, you will receive a letter explaining how and for whom your vehicle donation was used. Within 90 days, you will receive the 1098c form for tax purposes.
- We examine the car for safety and reliability in partnership with a local auto shop, and we determine if it is a suitable car for a refugee.
- Cars in running condition in need of minimal repairs are given to a World Relief refugee. Priority is given to individuals with full-time employment who are willing to drive other refugees to work.
- If the car’s repairs would cost more than the car is worth, it may be sold. Don’t worry, 100% of the proceeds go right back into the Car Donations program!
- You maximize the use of your resources and a refugee can drive themselves to work and beyond!
Want More Details about Car Donations?